Sunday, April 27, 2008

small things.

so, it's the small things that God does for me that really make me smile on the inside.

The Lord GOD has given Me the tongue of disciples,
That I may know how to sustain the weary one with a word
He awakens Me morning by morning,
He awakens My ear to listen as a disciple.
Isaiah 50:4

this verse came to me last week at about 3:00 in the morning. i really do believe that is part of what God has called me to. part of my eternal purpose. so, i'm accpeting it, claiming it, and embracing it.

today was a long day. it's been a good day but i have a lot of things on my mind and my heart is just kind of heavy. so, i'm sitting at a coffee shop and i was grabbing for some cash when an old fortune cookie fortune came out.

"a kind word will keep someone warm for years"

i'm not a superstious person by any means. but i smiled. it was a nice little reminder from the Lord that there is more to all of this than my hum-drum whatever. there is a purpose to all that extends farther than i can even begin to imagine. and that, that's worth going forward.

1 comments:

[ amy ] said...

I'm gonna miss you.