Monday, June 16, 2008

run from the lightning? no.

i feel like i have been blogging a lot lately and i'm not sure i really ever even have anything to say.

the last few days i have really just been thinking about what is next and how God is going to use me. especially with the idea of Greece and traveling and the world all in mind. tonight I was driving home and there was a lightning storm. it was not raining or thundering out, just lightning. it ws huge and beautiful and really kind of amazing. the closer i got to home the bigger it got, but also the more beautiful. then, God dropped a revelation on me. i love it when he does that.

along with big, beautiful, powerful amazing things like the lightning comes the potential for storms. there is potential for rain, thunder, hail and the like. so, when you see the lightning storm you can choose to look at it with fear for what storms may or may not develop. or, you can embrace its beauty and keep driving until you get home. it may get bigger the further you go and with that comes the potential for bigger storms but the beauty of it all is that much greater. in the end, it's best to keep driving until you get home.

i don't really know. it makes sense to me.


also, i've been listening to a song by jason upton lately called 'run baby run.' it basically sums up how i have felt lately and how i think god probably feels about me. it's been one of those begrudgingly encouraging things for me. kind of like i know i need to hear it and i know it's the truth but i just want to do my own thing for a little while longer...i'm not ready to listen yet. one of those kinds of things.

I've been calling you to go to the city
I've been watching you every day
Now I'm paying for a one way ticket
for a ship that sails the opposite way

And you laugh and you cry
and you live and you die
cause you don't really know who you are
all alone in this world
orphan boy, orphan girl
cause you don't really know who you are

Run baby run
my hands release you
baby run baby run
just as fast as you can
run till your legs lead your heart to the real truth
youre my daughter, my son,
so run baby run baby run

Hear me laughing as you run from your calling
see me crying, see me crying in the storms that rage
one way or another, you will be going
to obey is such an easier way

1 comments:

uhmeehleehuh said...

your thing about the lightning. i get it. i don't know how to explain it. but i get what you're saying.

it doesn't just apply to natural disasters, but can apply to seasons in your life. there's a lady at work that related the weather to life. she told me there are gonna be days that are cloudy when you can't see the sun, and days when you feel the rain and storm... but there will also be times of sunshine to enjoy. embrace what you will, higgins. in the midst of a storm, new beginnings can come of it and opportunities for growth.